Wednesday 19 August 2015

Who You Love

Who You Love 


How often do we wish 
That we find the one who is meant for us 
Either he will come to us as a knight 
Or maybe she might be our princess 

Odd isn't it being in love 
Feeling the butterfly in your stomach
Feeling elated about everything 
Love makes you into a drunk person 

She sat next to me 
For three years to come 
Smiling shyly at me whenever I passed by 
Slowly smiles turned into chits 

And chits turned into letters 
I remember loving her to an extent that I forgot that the world also exists 
But good times die early  
And my fraud caught on 

I had asked her to marry me 
She said yes with tears in her eyes 
Dreaming of our future plans 
How good it felt but all good things come to an end

Oh god how great it felt  
With everything that I owned was now hers 
Yet her heart was in my hand 
And the fraud eating every resource I had 

Damn I said if only I knew 
I would have never made her fall for me 
Now I have a task at hand 
If I could Protect us till the end 
Or I can save her by not marrying her forever 

1 comment: