Sunday 16 August 2015

Talking To The Moon

Talking To The Moon

The starry skies and the moonlit garden 
How quite this place seems in the night 
The swings where once the couples sat remains empty 
As if asking someone to have a seat and enjoy the scene 

Here I sit on the stone bench where we once sat to enjoy the night 
Strange it is that years have passed on yet this night is the same 
When we first met 
It was a calamity in the making 

You had messed up my shirt 
Burnt your hand while lighting up a smoke 
Caught by the cops which followed some moral policing 
It was a night like this 

You were a disaster when I met you 
A tomboy in truth yet you never accepted it 
I knew it there and then that my heart is not mine anymore 
You had my heart in your hands 

I always was a fan of you 
How cute you were yet never admitted it 
You had made me feel humbled with you by my side 
I knew that you were also feeling the way I do 

It was night like this 
When I slipped a ring on your finger 
While you had tears in your eyes I could see the love you had for me 
You have always instilled that love in me even today 

Here as I wait for you 
Outside your office 
With our daughter sitting beside me 
All I am doing right now is talking to the moon 




No comments:

Post a Comment