Saturday 22 August 2015

Bloodstream

Bloodstream


With the night being silent and dull 
It had a mysterious aura around it 
With the owl hooting in the dead of the night 
And the nocturnal creatures crawling out of their sleep 

With the howling of dogs 
And shouting from the clubs with their ear deafening music 
But there was something hellish about the night 
With the ghouls roaming around lurking for a new prey 

I sat there when it happened 
When the grim reaper came for his prey 
While she had no inkling of what the future had 
Poor young soul 

We were in love since half a decade 
Ahh the romance that we had 
Young college pass outs we were when we first met 
Now we were just a couple who couldn't fathom life without the other 

It was our anniversary that night 
When we were on our way back 
Walking underneath the moonlit night 
When suddenly my vision was clouded by a heavy blow 

And bang I saw you hit 
And again a shot to your head and you crumbled down 
Staring at me with those life less eyes 
And your blood kissing me on my cheek 

I miss you every second when 
You were an innocent victim of a crime 
I still do our ritual even today I know you are not with me anymore 
But the memories live on 

No comments:

Post a Comment