Sunday 23 August 2015

Love and Other Things

Love and Other Things

The rain outside makes me fall in love 
All over again 
With each drop that kisses my cheeks 
I could only think about your lips pecking my cheeks 

It had been years since we were married 
As fate had made us for one another 
We had liked each other
Ever since we had met 

We just clicked 
Or so our parents thought 
Getting us married
For once we thought that this would be nice 

Best friends married to each other 
Yet there are some speed bumps 
That made us side track from our paradise 
When He came 

He was an old flame 
Slithering his way with venom in our lives 
Destroying our holy paradise 

She fell for him 
Making me realize what life is 
Waking me up from my sleep 
And removing the facade 

I knew that she would never have those feelings for me 
I was her best friend after all 
I should have known 
Of her feelings 

I took her away 
For a day just to tell know if he is what she wants 
She had tears trickling down and there was my answer 
She sat silently in the car 

As we approached a strange set up 
With the church ready for a marriage 
I Stopped and took her inside from the storm
For a surprise, with him inside holding a ring and kneeling before my life 

I smiled and left 
Giving my best friend a shot of what was true happiness 
Misty eyed she hugged me and pecked me 
Thanking me for resurrecting her soul 

No comments:

Post a Comment