Saturday 5 September 2015

Withering Life

Complicated 

When I was born, 
You adored me more than everything,
I became your world and you became mine, 
You held my fingers when I grew up,

You had been there as pillar for me
From my mistakes to bloopers 
You were always there to take care of it 
How funny life has been 

I grew up under your shadow
Now here I stand 
With no idea of who I am 
While the world lives in happiness 

I am here broken 
Thinking of the words I shouldn't have said
About our fight that we had 
Pride it was that brought us then 

From the straight A student 
I sit with a cigarette in my hand 
Trying to get hold of myself 
Just not to give you a hint of what is going on with me 

You made me into who I am 
So why this distance 
Because I fell in love???
Or was it that you couldn't bare me moving out 

I tried to reason with you dad 
And look where it has brought us to 
She left me in ruins, with nothing but a pack of cigarettes and a six pack 
To think about what I have done wrong 

Where were you when I needed you the most 
When your son was in the wrong company 
Or when he needed support 
Instead of the smokes and booze, you could have helped 

It was pride that separated us then 
And love that held it together 
With the love now being lost 
You are in your own mystical world 
While I suffer in peace  

No comments:

Post a Comment