Thursday 3 September 2015

Forever

Forever

Do you remember the importance of today?
Do you remember us that night 
Working the night on that project 
I wish I knew that sometimes forever is not forever 

You had been with me 
Helping me and picking me up from ruins 
We were like a team 
Until that fateful night when I lost you 

Never did I think 
Life can be so short 
You had been my definition of happiness 
Yet something held me back 

Panic has now set itself in me 
With every breath that I take feeling like a thousand thorns 
I am lost in the sands of time today 
With my shouts echoing in the vortex

With you saying you leaving me 
You still mean the world to me 
No matter where ever you are 
Or how deep you are in trouble 

The world has made me hard today 
But whenever I set my eyes on you 
I lose my control and the world seems to collide 
I know that you know how I feel about you 

Caring makes you weak I always thought 
See where it has brought me today 
Here on my knees, a broken ghost of a man 
I know you will comeback soon 
or maybe I carry this facade of happiness for way too long 

If you live a lie long enough, it starts becoming the truth

2 comments: