Monday 7 September 2015

The Deal

The Deal


The sound of the wind 
Hitting my windows and the leaves rustling 
I sat on my sofa with a glass in my hand 
The amber colored liquid it contained

With smoke all around me 
It felt like winter again 
the cold wind caressing me
Reminding of something which I once had 

The cold spray welcomed me 
As I stepped out of my house 
Wondering about those memories 
Which moved me from my very foundation 

I remember you 
How you came into my life 
And turning a monotonous life of a vagabond 
Into a direction which made me who I am 

I reached the zenith of my life 
All because of you 
Yet I remember you fondly whilst all the others are not even remembered 
That day when you met me 

You ignited my energies 
I never realized how much caliber I had 
You were the most kindest soul I had ever met 
Yet there are times you wish never existed 

That day I made a deal 
That no matter what I am I would protect you 
I reached my peak and here I sit with a glass of Jack 
Deciding your fate in our firm 

I would step down 
As I made the deal 
To give you something in return for what you did for me 
Because you had given me everything I ever dream of 

I had quit 
Just to protect you 
And now I am just a mere memory for you

Sometimes a few mentors are like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment