Sunday 13 March 2016

Say My Name

Say My Name

With the window cracked, 
And the dust entering the room, 
The files and the pages twirling around the room, 
Just when the I needed everyone the most, all I had was dust. 

Sacrifice was all I did, 
From the moment I saw you, 
The position where I was, 
Had handed me the world on a silver platter. 

But I had to leave it for you, 
Because you needed a self made person to believe, 
With each and every step to the top, 
Making me pant for my breath. 

I guess this is how life is, 
On the other side, 
Where success is everything and how it defines a person, 
Money is the new way to describe people. 

Slowly and slowly I lost who I was, 
From the nice sweet hearted soul you once met, 
To an egoistic sick arrogant ghost of a man that you fear, 
You had trusted me to be there to protect you. 

You needed me to hold you, 
And protect you whenever you needed, 
Now here I am enshrined by the dark, 
Asking you to save me. 

With your love surrounding me, 
And looking at me with your almond eyes, 
The broken soul in me asking you to protect me from who I have become, 
Because without you I would have nothing at all.  

The tsunami of emotions hitting the shores of my mind, 
With the flashbacks of the person I once was, 
Fighting the man who I am today, 
I see you laying besides me, 
Saying my name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment