Friday 25 March 2016

Battle Scars

Battle Scars

Blood seeping through the openings, 
With the skin breached by the knives of treachery and dishonesty, 
The veins gashed for the soul to break free, 
Cracking the very soul which had been the definition of strength. 

Friendships and relationships were sacred for me, 
Pledging loyalty to them irrespective of who they are,
Who had a whiff of danger that was sure to devastate us,
Blinded by the love and loyalty I had for them. 

With life being unpredictable,
Friends turning against you,
Planning and plotting against you, 
Only to bring you down. 

The ones I loved are now the ones who hate me, 
With me being the most vulnerable around her, 
Making her one of the conspirator, 
Breaking my soul into a million fragments. 

The strength within me loosening up, 
Giving them a look at the chunk in my armour, 
She stood there looking at me with love in her eyes, 
Only to stab me in the back. 

With eyes wide open, 
In utter dismay at the friends that I lived for, 
The girl that meant my life breaking me for them, 
Turning out to be the first one to stab me in the back. 

While putting my sieved body in the grave, 
My friends turn up with their blood soaked hands, 
To bid me farewell one more time,
Throwing the dirt with spit on my body. 

With the rusting souls entrapped in their bodies, 
Only to see them smiling at my plight, 
Bidding each other farewell, 
From a man the world feared only remained a cadaver with a million cuts.      

No comments:

Post a Comment