Sunday 6 March 2016

Immortal

Immortal

While the world mourns, 
About a life that you had led for them, 
The ground beneath me now infested with cracks, 
The foundation that we had laid now weakening. 

We were young when we first met, 
The charm had a certain allure to it, 
Like an addict I knew I would be incomplete without you, 
Before you I had no where to go to. 

You not only gave my soul a destination, 
The vagabond within me was now at peace, 
With happiness being alien to me, 
You had finally found the path that would lead me there. 

With you now being the centre of my world, 
I had devoted my life to you, 
Walking with you on the path of roses, 
To the end of the road. 

With the pressure of the public eye, 
To the day you got shot, 
I had tried to showcase grit, 
When all I was a broken soul fearing for you. 

And as the life had taken a stride towards normalcy, 
You had that look in the eye, 
As the first day I saw you, 
With you losing a battle untold. 

I saw you lose control of yourself, 
The emotional breakdown, 
To the angst you had, 
The lost look that you would have. 

With the years you had to bear through, 
Trying to remember everything, 
Suffering from Alzheimer's was never easy, 
Slowly I had lost you forever. 

And today, 
After 8 years of separation, 
We meet again, 
To script a new chapter to our immortal love story.    

No comments:

Post a Comment