Friday 4 December 2015

Colour My Heart

Hope


As December sets in; 
And the snow falling,
The green grassland turning white,
Couples holding hands, hugging with love in their eyes.

Here sitting comfortably in my home;
Watching the snow set itself, 
Thinking of each and every moment, 
That I had spent with her. 

She was everything to me;
Ever since I had laid eyes on her,
The world around me seem non existent without her,
Fate had never been too kind to me but that night it was.

I never thought we would ever cross paths;
But we did, 
You came into the party looking ravishing, 
Every set of eyes was fixated on you.

I knew I never had a chance with you;
But you did have a chance with me, 
You came to me and the magic happened,
From small talks to long walks in the evening. 

I was a convict and you were a sinner;
Who would have thought we were made for each other, 
Those big droopy eyes still capture my soul, 
Whenever I looked into it. 

And like that the magic passed;
You had conned me for my heart, 
And today as I sit with the tawny liquid in my glass, 
Sipping down the pain in my veins. 

As you had left me that day;
It wasn't only my heart that you stole, 
But it was more than that, 
You took away a part of me, 

As I think about you in my final moments;
I can sense you near me, 
Looking at me from the shadows of the night, 
Smiling at me giving me hope, 
That maybe one day we would reunite.

With hope in my eyes, 
I can see you guiding me, 
Telling me that this is the place where I give it all up, 
As for your love I have risked it all. 

1 comment: