Monday 21 December 2015

This Is What it Takes

This Is What It Takes

As today I take the stand;
and see you the opposite side,
Taking the blows for our failures, 
With every accusation I take.

I saw the shallowness in your eyes, 
The love we had fading into the smoke of doubt, 
Why did it had to be this way, 
In public airing our dirty laundry. 

I remember the first time we met each other, 
In the bar when I was surrounded with bodies, 
But was all alone in the sea of the crowd, 
You had me at that moment when you smiled at me.

Each day we couldn't let a day go by, 
Without talking to each other,
Both of us knew what we had was distinctive, 
Hours we used to spend with each other without a flinch. 

Now as years have passed, 
Our perfect fairytale shattered, 
The divorce was evident, 
But we tried to fight it. 

The hours of therapy down the drain, 
The late night dinners are just a fragment of our life, 
You had a total eclipse of my heart, 
Now the with the shadow disappearing. 

All I can think is how to keep you happy, 
To keep that dove like eyes to stop casting its spell upon me, 
You had taken everything from my soul to my body, 
And as we write the final chapter to our book. 

I am left here thinking, 
What I had done to transform the tender little heart, 
Poisoned with hatred, 
And as I see you go out of the court, 
Leaving me for one final time, 

You would know I would always love you, 
And to see that smile that won me over, 
I guess it had to be this way to see you happy, 
I guess this is what it takes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment