Monday 5 October 2015

Fade To Black

Fade To Black 


The dream of a million of people 
To reach the top of their field 
How many hardships they face 
To bring them closer to their dreams 

How crazy it is out their 
With everything in this life 
Becoming a roadblock for your road ahead 
But what if that roadblock was something else 

I stood there thinking I was pillar 
But little I knew that I was one of the roadblocks in your life
You had me at hello 
But hey life has a mean way to knock some sense 

I was at top of my game 
Becoming a man that I had dreamed of 
But when I met you 
Everything I had felt petty 

You were a small town girl 
Trying to find work 
And settle as fast as you could 
Fate had brought you to my doorstep 

You were panicky and fumbled every word 
But the honesty you had was refreshing
Who would have thought 
That you would have made me realize how empty I am 

You were the best I had ever met 
In this world where everyone won't leave a second to stab you 
You had made me leave out the mask I wore for others 
Just to let me have a look on who I was 

Yet there is something which doesn't last forever 
You had made me fall for you
And the very second I wanted to be special 
You chickened out 

How does it feel to get your heart broken again
I never thought I would fall back to the same place 
From where you had brought me out 
I loved you and gave you my heart and soul back 
For everything I had given you 

And as I sit here today 
With the glass by my side 
And the blood stained razor by my side 
I had a gash near my heart 

And as the drops of life 
Seep through for freedom 
And as I sleep, I see you in my nightmares 
Finally the last drop of freedom released 
And I am immortal in the books forever 

As the one who thought he had everything 
He lay down being the one who lost everything 
  





No comments:

Post a Comment