Thursday 29 October 2015

Safe In My Hands

The Ruins


Life is a game of fate 
What you do is just left to fate 
But why leave everything to fate
While everyone are following the rest
Here we were trying hard to build our empire 

Happiness is something I am never comfortable with 
But when you came into my life 
It was bound to change the course of things as I knew it 
How strange it is when one becomes everything to you 

We had known each other since 12 years 
Stood by each other in times of peril 
Made way for the other to rise 
She was my bundle of happiness 

We had been the pillar of support for the other 
From the moments of despair to the times when all we wanted was to be left alone
You helped me in my success 
You had been with me when I was a no good thing and a bad asset to invest your time on 

But you never really cared 
For you everything that I had to go through 
You took my hand and made me walk through it 
Just to show me that you would be with me no matter what happens 

I was a prisoner of my thoughts 
With everything falling in place and the foundation set 
The world had recognized the efforts of a man 
But like drugs success also had a kick to it 

With money replacing the weed 
And McClellan oozing from my cabinet 
I had reached the height I wanted 
But at what cost 

She was always away from the limelight 
I had fought for her to keep her out of trouble 
As I knew what she would have done to save me 
I was ready to trade my soul for hers 

But who had ever imagined 
That one day, life would bring us here 
With what I had done to keep you out of jail 
And accidentally let my emotion take the better of me 

I left abruptly last night telling you 
That you knew I loved you 
Which brings us here today 
Seeing you clean your desk 
And knowing that I won't see you outside my office ever again 

My life went into overdrive 
With anger fueling me 
And not able to breathe, with sweaty palms and eyes bulging out 
I rushed to the wash basin to puke 

Only to see you leave me
Here I am looking at the empire we had built 
With the Glass Castle crumbling down 
I now remember that you had held me together 

The money and everything is not fun 
With you not around me 
With the fragments of my heart in my hand 
i realize that you were the only fortune I had 




No comments:

Post a Comment