Saturday 25 October 2014

You and My Memories

You and My Memories
With each second passing
It is getting harder and harder to breathe 
Each breath feels like being poked with a million thorns 
My life may see it's fitting end
With this life is becoming unbearable 

It was not always like this 
I was a great happy go lucky chap 
Busy in my own world with nothing else to be worried 
Life would have been great if I hadn't met you

With me finding my way home 
Like a little kid in a world full of goons and thugs 
Waiting for an opportunity to pounce upon me 
But then something made me feel mystified 

I was almost a block away from home 
When I saw you waiting for a cab 
Wondering how to find your way home 
But there was something about your smile that made me absolutely nuts about you 

You were so beautiful 
That I was nearly tempted to steal you away from the world 
I wanted to make you mine 
You had the most beautiful eyes 
With you shivering in cold 
I couldn't help but help you 

You were waiting for your friends who had stood up on you
Gradually from a small stroll to your home 
We started meeting gradually 
And then it was like a habit to meet you 

But one day there was something different about you 
You were incredibly depressed 
For the first time in many meals that I enjoyed with you 
Never did I think I would ever love you so much

From that day onward it 
It was just we were inseparable 
We just needed an excuse to meet each other 
But never did I think that this would happen to us 

To all good things comes to an end 
I never knew that ours would be so quick 
It was a simple day 
I was waiting for you to come to the cafe 
Where we had decided to plan our marriage 
When  I was lost in my train of thoughts 

When all of a sudden there was this state of chaos and pandemonium 
The place you worked in had been caught by those cowardly acts of terrorism 
I got tensed and worried 
Cursing myself  for forcing you to go to office 
You wouldn't be in this mess because of me 

After those three torrid days of fighting 
The police infiltrated the building only to find charred wood and blood all around
With each wall seemed like those of a butcher's room 
Blood splattered all the way 

Then I saw you 
Never did I fathom to see you in this state 
You were covered in blood and ashes 
I tried to hear your voice 
I shouted my lungs out 
Crying your name just to hear you say anything 
But you had gone to a place far away 
With those beautiful almond like eyes refusing to open up 

After that each moment was like a curse 
There was a darkness unknown to the world that had consumed me 
Trying to fight hard to accept that 
Now you would be only in my dreams and memories 
Then now as I live each breath becoming hard 
And the pains increasing inside me 
The Devil will now reside in me 

If only you were here 
I could see our old home living with each other 
Just living the way we should have 
And not leaving each other's side

No comments:

Post a Comment