Tuesday 7 January 2020

The Silence

The Silence

Holding myself like a child I wail,
In the field surrounded by nothing but darkness and the ghosts that haunt me, 
Mustering up the courage to stand, I collapse, 
Dazing into the starry skies hearing nothing but just your voice. 

"Udit, I miss you. It is lonely over here",
Says the ghost of you that has crippled my life today,
Torturing myself with the guilt of what I must have forced you to go through,
I stagger towards the broken house which was ours.

Smelling the air which lets go of the hounds from my past,
"Breathe, just breathe", the ghost voiced cradling my head in her laps, 
Dazed and on my knees my body started to tremble, 
I close my eyes just to figure out how I ended up here.

Funny how the one who saved me from my own abyss,
Became the one who pushed my soul back from where I took off,
Never would I have thought that this is what our love will turn into,
From gardens filled with lilies to ruins of a building waiting for its bricks to fall.

Our love had metamorphosed from the happy silence to the shrill scream in the middle of the night, 
The blackbirds now hover me as if a message from God himself,
Begging for me to come to his shelter,
With little courage, I muster my strength to stand up.  

Standing in front of you,
Asking the unanswered questions,
Your heart took you away from me,
Reminding me of my failures. 

Spiralling down the rabbit hole,
Laughing like a maniac, 
I lunged forward for the drawer which held my gate pass,
Looking at you with nothing but forgiveness in my eyes.

With one snap, I find myself crumbling into a heap of flesh. 
Sighing for one last time, flashbacks racing in my head for the last time. 
Our first ice cream, to us, holding hands in the cold. 
From our first kiss to the last goodbye. 

The loud sirens breaking the tranquillity of the night,
Surrounded by people trying to find their way to me,
Only to find me with a wound in my chest,
In the little red pool.

Trying hard to resuscitate me,
I see you standing in the crowd that surrounds me,
Teary-eyed only to see me smile for the last time,
With a sigh I let you go of your misery. 

As the darkness now houses my vision,
I pay Charon for my final voyage,
Looking back at you for one final time,
Wondering how the silence between us became our fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment