Wednesday 8 January 2020

A Minute

A Minute


Standing at the very place where I met you,
Gazing into the open field,
Listening to the leaves rustling,
Breathing the smell of the dew on top of the grass.

For a second, 
I could feel the warmth of your hand,
Grazing my palm,
The place which became our happy place.

With my mind playing its game,
Seeing you in front of me,
Knowing that you are not here anymore,
I try to call out your name. 

Only to find my tongue-tied,
My breathing shallow,
Tears welling up in my eyes,
With little strength to stand, my knees start to buckle.

Sipping the whiskey, 
I look at you fading in the background,
Realizing that it was just my memory being plagued by you,
Closing my eyes only to be tormented by your voice, "It's going to be alright Udit".

You left me for your heart,
Forgetting that you took mine along,
Leaving me in the house where it all began,
Sentencing my punishment to be held captive by your memories.

With my body filled with the scars from the cuts I would make,
Looking for a way to find an escape from you,
Shuddering in pain my body trembles, 
Broken I stand in front of the empty room only to be engulfed by the guilt of my behaviour.

Staggering my way to have I final glimpse,
I drive through the madhouse, 
Trying to catch a break from the pain,
Breathing slowly mumbling the words I have left unsaid.

Drunk out of my mind,
Yelling your name,
I see our life running like a film reel in front of me,
Only to see the little diamonds whizzing, kissing my skin, my head thuds into the steering wheel.

Waking up with drowsy eyes,
I hear you call out my name,
Like a maniac, I let myself loose from the steel mesh I was entrapped in,
Entombed by your memories, shrieking like a little child lost in the circus. 

The smell of the dew hit my nostrils,
The smell of the fresh meadow,
The little fragrance of you,
Plunging myself to the last happy memory that I had.

I see you with your hair wet,
With little beads of water on your forehead,
You hold my head making me lost in those mesmerising eyes of yours,
Kissing me on my forehead. 

Trying to struggle on my feet, 
I realise the surrounding around me,
How fitting it is to end the tale we had started at the very place where it began,
Trying to reach for your hand I step forward,

Dripping little beads of red on top of the green grass,
Hearing the sirens from a distance,
I could see you fade away smiling at me, 
Like a demolished building, I collapse on the ground,
Mouthing your name for the final time.

Asking the Lord for a minute,
A minute to just look at you, 
A minute to just hear your voice for the final time, 
Just one final minute. 

With my eyes wide open, 
And your name the only voice coming out of my bloody heap,
The silence was all I got in return,
As the people try to lift me up,

I saw your ghost for the final time, 
With that same beaming smile,
Standing there, long enough for the final beads of blood to escape my body,
Sleeping for the final time with my lifeless eyes wide open.



No comments:

Post a Comment