Tuesday 22 January 2019

Goodbye

Goodbye
Laying on the bed,
Surrounded by white lights,
The sound of the machine beeping,
And eerie smell of medicines around me.
As I try to gather my senses, 
My blurry vision trying to focus on the crowd of white coats gathered around me, 
Trying to see for a peculiar face amidst them,
With a slow meeky voice I call out for your name. 
Years have passed but seemed like eternity,
Last saw you with that big heavy suitcase,
Sitting in that yellow cab, 
Looking at me from the corner of your eyes.
I stood there in the house, 
The ghosts from the old memories,
About the time when I had you in my arms, 
During a cold winter breeze.
Or even about that time,
When we were in the middle of a dessert,
With a tent and a bonfire right outside it,
The cold dessert did bring us together.
It was only time till it would pass,
Till I was gonna be sick again,
Cancer they said I had developed,
the signs were there but I never showed it to you. 
It has been several months since we have last seen eachother, 
Struggling to live with the pain, 
Morphine now replaces the blood in the veins, 
I sit here in this bed with an empty syringe, 
Waiting to be thrusted in my arm.
All I can wonder about is you,
 That smile and that sweet valvetine voice,
With the needle in my arms, I feel your touch on my skin
I look up with droopy eyes and just managed to mutter goodbye. 

1 comment: