Saturday 26 January 2019

Ghosts

Ghosts

Lurking in the shadows,
Aimlessly walking through the streets,
Drunk out of my senses,
With only you on my mind.

Hallucinating you by my side,
Trying to revive my heart from its collapse,
With the sirens of the cops ringing in my ears,
All I could do was run. 

It was more than what it looked,
A story that was there behind the tired eyes of mine,
The life that people envied, 
A mind which was a once in a generation genius. 

Like Antonio from the Merchant of Venice,
I had a similar life,
Friends and family being the centre of my universe,
Yet there was something missing. 

I saw you in the class,
Those almond eyes behind the spectacles,
Had somehow captured my soul,
Unknown I was to the extent of the tornado that was to come.

It was only a matter of months,
Meetings went to become stayovers,
Stayovers to moving in,
Little sweet nothings shared as we lay besides eachother.

One day, 
The cynide laced dagger waited for me, 
Like a prey caught in the tentacles of darkness, 
It was only a matter of time when the dagger would find its new home.

Days passed but the raven flew over my life, 
It was time now to find the wound which would house the dagger,
Knocked out you sat tied to the chair, 
Time was all I needed to know your intentions. 

Like the sting of a scorpion,
The venom now started to replace the blood,
As sharp edges of the knife kissed the skin,
Your eyes began to tremble.

Years of hatred started to fumble,
With each scream I could sense your fear,
Eyes transfixed on the tear filled eyes,
The revenge was done.

Blood fighting its way for its freedom, 
I could see the life drain out, 
It was not you that I killed,
But my soul that I had freed. 

Sirens and cocking of the guns now the only sound around me, 
I sit in the park where it all started,
Sipping the hemlock laced whiskey that I had kept, 
The cops now getting near to capturing me. 
Sitting was only the flesh of the man they hunted, 
As now the ghosts of the memories had been free.

No comments:

Post a Comment