Monday 19 February 2018

River

River

 
I have been through a lot,
From heartaches to mind haze,
Everything that you and I worked hard for,
Now is hanging on the balance.

Standing by the edge,
Trying to hold you close by a thread,
My heart yearns for a glimpse of you,
One glimpse and then its done.

Tried hard to tell you,
So let me share a tale,
A story of a man who had everything,
But he choose to forfeit.

Everything he had was  never enough,
His hunger for something better,
Had managed to bring him far,
Only to be stopped by this one roadblock.

A beautiful roadblock who can only be described by poets and writers,
Her skin so smooth and reflecting the soft moonlight,
A smile so vicious which could slay the venomous of snakes,
I was a mere human looking straight into her eyes.

Just like an effect Medusa would have on men,
I stood there like a statue wondering,
About the last time I saw such a girl,
Only to find that you were one of a kind.

I was filled with pride and ambition,
You were filled with love,
As time passed by,
All I could wonder was how lucky I am to have you in my arms,

Some love stories last while some fade,
With each passing day our secrets were out,
People who should have never known,
Had finally found out.

The promises we had made,
Now was put to test,
Everything seemed as a test,
Shouting and fighting to make it work.

Only for you to let go of me,
For what you thought was for my sake,
But all the time the only thing I was trying to do,
Was just to give you what you want.

Like a sinner waiting for the judge to hand out a sentence,
I have been waiting for you to decide,
Decide the fate of the lover in me,
Sitting by the river,
Waiting for you to see past the sins that I have committed.

And as I see you play your end game,
I could see my flaws, paranoia and insecurities,
Become a reality,
All I could think is about the pain running my mind.

Wanting me to take the final drag of the final pack,
See the depth of the river,
And think of it as my bed,
While I am just trying hard to cling on to the final thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment