Thursday 7 April 2016

Verdict

Verdict

Sitting here wondering my life, 
Oblivious to the world that surrounds me, 
The clock is all I am hearing, 
And every second that passes my breathing becomes heavy. 

When did things turn to such a picture, 
That led us to be surrounded by these four walls,
Making the world question my intentions that fateful night, 
Framing a picture after picture of everything what happened between us. 

The darkness was everything that we fell for, 
Neglecting the light that we emitted when we were together, 
Avoiding the signs that told us to leave each other alone, 
From a magic potion to venom our love had taken a turn to the storm. 

Breaking us apart for good, 
Only to connect us as parents, 
Yet that small twinkle in your eyes, 
Made my heart collapse. 

Just like a fairy tale we came together, 
Only to see if it would be love that remains forever, 
Or if the hatred had captivated it's first victim, 
Up till that fateful night we were together like a torn photograph. 

With a small gash to your neck, 
Decapitating you just for a sadistic pleasure stood the demon upon you, 
Severing all the veins in your body to bleed out the hatred, 
Caressing you as you take your final sleep. 

The Black and Whites gathered around the home that we once had, 
Seeing the gore outside the house of our memories, 
Nabbing me from my slumber, 
To make me witness the crime that I may have committed. 

Presenting me to the world as your violator, 
Without knowing the truth, 
An year has passed away with you haunting me in my nightmares, 
My fate secured on a piece of paper that the group of your peers holds today.

Forcing me to ponder if I ever did it or was it the demon inside me, 
With each second the world looks at my face, 
Eyes red, a beard unkept and the invisible stain of disgrace, 
The verdict was sealed on my fate, 
If I could ever breathe in the open or will I be able to breathe alongside you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment