Saturday 25 July 2015

Here Without You

Here Without You


The night underneath the starry sky 
With the only light being from the moon far away 
With my gaze set on the Polaroid I had in my hands
All I wished was to have you here again 

Living in this turmoil for the past few days 
Couldn't even understand why my life was in this haze 
I had nothing except my heart to call my own 
Until my eyes were set on you 

You were always there for me 
When I was down and out in sheer ruins 
I was just a soul who had no direction in life 
Until you cam into my life

I always think of how you coming into my life was a blessing in disguise 
But sometimes the devil comes into your life disguised as the priest 
I always thought of you being my Gabriel but you were Judas in disguise 
I always gave you my soul and my heart just to have you beside me 
 
You just pounced on the chance to drive the dagger through my body 
And replace blood with venom in my soul
With cracks in my skin reminding how you stole my soul still visible 
And all I can think is how my life has changed ever since you left 

Here I am 
Standing on this bridge, all alone thinking of you tonight 
With the moon looking down at me all I can say is here I am standing
Waiting for my soul as you were all I had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment